Saturday, July 3

It has been a big day for all of us

Sam, T-bone, and Oliver dreaming of snacks...






Saturday was a BIG day. Steph spent her morning at Spanish class while dad took the boys to gymnastics. Oliver and Dad's class commenced at 9 and Sam's class began at 9:30. After class it was off to the coffee shop. But this time, instead of going to the usual place, I took them to a new, fancy-dancy place, with linens on the table and old ladies drinking tea. All was good until Sam farted. He excused himself, as he should, but he did not understand and became irritated with me when I reprimanded him. "But I said excuse me?" said Sam. I decided to wait until we got home to clarify the problem, out of earshot of the laughing ladies sitting next to us. And then, no later than 5 or 10 minutes after Sam's bomb, ODB lets one rip. We were out the door.

In the afternoon, the boys had their first swim lesson. Sam went first and did really well. Oliver and mom went next and, while apprehensive, seemed to enjoy themselves. After that, dad went off to work and Steph took the boys to a fancy-dancy park with these elaborate slides. I'm told it was a lot of fun. I have yet to see the park (its brand new) but will report back once I check it out.

Steph and I just finished watching the movie "Monster." Its about a lady prostitute serial-killer. It was sad, very depressing, but a good movie. I always enjoy hearing Steph's perspective after watching a flick. Maybe I can talk her into sharing her thoughts on the movie on this blog. I personally thought that had the perpetrator been a man, it could never have gotten away with presenting such a sympathetic portrayal.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot. We put down a deposit on the new townhouse we'll be renting beginning next month. It is located on the opposite side of the Island from where we currently reside. (Its in West Bay, and we're currently residing in a neighborhood called Savannah/Newlands.) Its closer to town but still somewhat of a commute. Believe it or not, there is gridlock during rush hours. The best thing about the townhouse is that it is smack dab next to the water and the place has a pool, which the boys appreciate.

Tomorrow we're taking the boys to see Shrek 2. That is, if they have good behavior (i.e., no passing gas in public!). I'll report back tomorrow. Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Euge said...

Sam will no doubt be interested in "The Little Book of Farting" since he seem prone to go deeply into matters. I'm saving my copy, although I cherish it for explaining some of life's signal events, to present to him when you and Steph deem him ready. You might point out to him that there is a small section on the conditions conducive to noisy farts and those conducive to quiet farts. Seems to have to do with the food consumed; despite much study I found it of little help.
A town house that out of town? On the beach? Sounds great. If driving is bad, you go down to beach and paddle or sail to work -- no costal, town-house-to-town ferry I suppose. Need I say the boys look fine.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home