Tuesday, August 24

1982 article in LIFE on elite arcade gamers

Some good stuff here on arcade gamers at the height of their early 80s glory. It even includes some sweet pics of these physically intimidating gamers. Unfortunately, no one from LIFE interviewed me for their article.

For the unaware, at the height of my early 80s glory, I won a Pac Man tie in an arcade competition at the Focus arcade in Ann Arbor. I also was the proud owner of my very own Pac Man arcade game. I got it for a $100 and the guy who sold it to me even agreed to lend me his truck to get it home. When I got home, my parents were equally excited with my purchase. The game was relegated to the porch outside and I was forced to relinquish it less than a year later. Nevertheless, and aside form the frost bite, I have many fond memories of racking of record high scores in the sub-zero weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home