Friday, September 10

Stormcarib.com

This website has some really good info on hurricanes. This link takes you directly to info on Ivan. What is really useful, for me at least, are the tools: "how close is it?", "how close can it get?" etc. Mom et al. might find this link interesting, in the event I fail to call or you cannot reach me. It is a message board where locals report on the action from the front lines. Its interesting, e.g., to read what people out on the Brac and Little Cayman are thinking and doing to prepare for Ivan.

On Grand Cayman, preparation for the storm is all encompassing, well at least amongst the neophyte ex pats that run in my circle. Its all Steph and I have been thinking about or talking about for the last 24 hours. We call our friends to ask advice and hear their plans. Then we call them back an hour later and repeat process. The locals, on the other hand, seem much more calm and collected. Two that I spoke with yesterday seemed rather fatalistic and derived much humor from my questions and worries. The more I speak to people, be they locals or ex pats, the more I realize that no one really knows what is going to happen. Its one big jumble of uncertainty and anxiety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home