Monday, October 10

Parent-child bonding?

Dear Abby, I've tried connecting w/ my child, but nothing seems to work. What should I do?

Dear Nincompoop [pun intended], You need to put them on the can and force them to take a dump. Just try it.

Ok, I made this up, but is not there something wrong with such advice? No, apparently it is sound. Excerpt from article:
A growing number of parents are experimenting with infant potty training, seeing it as more sanitary, ecologically correct and likely to strengthen bonds between parent and child.
Testimonial:
Ms. Ryman, the mother of 7-month-old Neshama, added, "I feel like it's been such a gift in our relationship."
Finally, the article comes with instructions:
To start, parents are taught to hold the baby by the thighs in a seated position against their stomachs and to make an encouraging hiss or grunt.
Sounds rather messy, to say the least, and no, the article is note published in The Onion. Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home