Wednesday, September 15

We Survived

I caught the last flight out of Cayman today and I am presently stationed at the the Miami Holiday Inn. I am sad but relieved to be off the island. It has been a life-changing experience, one which I will share in much greater detail once I get cleaned up and eat a warm meal.

I return to Chicago tomorrow afternoon. Steph and the boys caught a flight out yesterday, and are presently residing in Chicago with her sister Monica, and of course eagerly awaiting my return.

We lost everything, with the exception of one car (which a friend let park in his garage) and a couple changes of clothing. I have post-Ivan pictures of our condo, which will take your breath away. The island will take a very long time to recover. So where do we go from here? I have no idea, but I am very happy that we are all safe and sound.

1 Comments:

Blogger Euge said...

As to Kath's comments: hear, hear!! But I'm curious as to how the kind family at the airport passed you off as kin. Were you said to be a son, a by-blow, one of the fathers in a polyandrous household, or a really ugly daughter in drag? Perhaps an old and inseparable family retainer might have worked? And what'd you have to do to elicit such kindness? In any event, I'm overjoyed you're home safe. Hope you've relaxed, bath, kiss the family, and discovered this act of god was not contractual grounds for removing you from the ICTA payroll. Martha and I are here for you guys.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home