Thursday, November 4

World dismayed as US voters give Bush 2nd term

Then again, only girlie men worry about international consensus and opinion. From the Intl. Globe & Mail:
For the past four years, many people around the world have been able to convince themselves that George W. Bush was a fleeting spectre who did not really represent his country or its people.

Yesterday, national leaders and ordinary citizens in dozens of countries were forced to change that assessment.

For some, it meant downgrading their view of the American people. By giving Mr. Bush a strong majority in a fair and well-attended election, Americans convinced the world that they really meant it -- and the world wasn't always happy to hear that.

'I had previously told my friends that I support the American people but that I do not support their leader, who they did not truly choose and who did not represent their beliefs,' a Parisian student said on Radio France last night.

'Now I understand that there is truly unity in their beliefs, and I am not so confident about America.'
Link

Addendum: Here is a T-shirt, if you plan to travel abroad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home