Wednesday, June 23

Guess that tune

Kath and I had a good time with this earlier tonight, so I thought I'd continue it here. Whoever thinks they know the tune, post a comment..(that includes Lesley and Laura, if you're out there). Unfortunately, given the following selections, I don't think Mom or Dad are going to have any clue. One hint, the theme is rap music. Here goes...

Mystery tune #1:
"Monkey tastes Def when you pour it on ice
Come on y'all it's time to get nice"

Mystery tune #2:
"Bro, I got to maintain
Cause a [insert "n" work here] like me is going insane"

Mystery tune #3:
"Laid back...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind"

Mystery tune #4:
"We gotta give 'em what dey want (What's that, G?)
We gotta break 'em off somethin' (Hell yeah)
And it's gotta be bumpin' (City of Compton!)"

Mystery tune #5:
"Fellas (yeah), fellas (yeah)
Has your girlfriend got the butt (hell yeah)"

Mystery tune #6:
"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go Shawty,
Ish ya birfday,
We gonna party like ish ya birfday,
We gonna sip Bacardi like ish ya birfday"

and my favorite, Mystery tune #7:
"With a bottle of scotch and watch lots of crotch"

3 Comments:

Blogger david burnstein said...

We have a winner: #5 is Big Butts. Now can anyone guess the artist? Welcome aboard Luara. And yes, if you've not heard of these rap tunes that clearly places you in the "Mom and Dad" category.

4:43 PM  
Blogger david burnstein said...

Hi Noah. You are correct on all counts shawty. I'm surprised Kath has not yet identified the remaining tunes.

8:58 PM  
Blogger david burnstein said...

that you know that "drink scotch and watch crotch" (or whatever) is Kid Rock is a tad disturbing. did you google?

City of Compton is Dr. Dre with a camio by Snoop Dog.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home