Saturday, June 19

What did you do today?, asked the hand

We commenced the day with Sam's gymnastics class, which he loves. It is a very nice facility, with an observation deck for parents and a play room for kids not in class or, for kids like Oliver, waiting for their brother to finish class. Oliver's class is on Friday morning and is a "mommy-and-me" format. Hence, Sam has to entertain himself while waiting for class to finish. His preference, Steph tells me, is to sit in a chair and watch ODB's class. Sam is kind of Dr. Jeykl-Mr. Hyde. He can be totally psycho one moment and then the most well=-behaived kid sitting in a chair watching mom and Oliver in class. You should, eg, see him getting a haircut or at the dentist. He just sits there like the most well-behaived kid. Little do they know what lurks below! It is nice and endearing trait, but a tad wierd. Steph can probably articulate this better than I. Anyway, I digress.

Steph was off house hunting. So it was just the boys at gymnastics class. After class I took them to the Westin, a fancy-dancy hotel with a nice pool in which they like to swim. Sam befriended an Ohio boy in town on vacation, whose name also happened to be Sam. The Sams played with their plastic boats and went snorkling, while I chatted up the mom. Oliver was playing in the fountain off to the side. After some time I notice Oliver just sitting there. I went and got him his snack, but he didn't touch it. I asked him if his tummy or head hurt, and he insisted he was fine. When I suggested we go home he told me (in effect) to buzz off. So I buzzed off, but after another half hour he was still just sitting there with a blank expression on his face. We packed it up and went home. When we got home ODB crashed out without eating lunch. He slept for most of the rest of the day. What makes Steph and me a litter apprehensive is that his fever has disappeared but he is still listless.

Steph's househunting was not particularly fruitful but she is being remarkably patient. I am confident we will find a nice place, close to town and the water that you'll all enjoy visiting. That is the news from the Cayman islands. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home