Friday, September 3

Contact with ALIENS!

New Scientist notes "mysterious signals from 1000 light years away." What does that mean exactly? Was the signal originated 1000 years ago? Whats a "light" year and is it the same as a plain old regular year? Anyway, I digress. The interesting part of the article is the following:
The team has now finished analysing the data, and all the signals seem to have disappeared. Except one, which has got stronger.

This radio signal, now seen on three separate occasions, is an enigma. It could be generated by a previously unknown astronomical phenomenon. Or it could be something much more mundane, maybe an artefact of the telescope itself.

But it also happens to be the best candidate yet for a contact by intelligent aliens in the nearly six-year history of the SETI@home project.
Link

Addendum: Never mind. Its all hype. Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree...I don't think we repeat forever. I disagree...I don't think we repeat forever. I disagree...I duh, maybe you're right

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home