Thursday, November 4

Can I quote that?

"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt."
--Clarence Darrow

"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
--Aldous Huxley

"In a mad world only the mad are sane."
--Akira Kurosawa

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franlin

"The church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the shadow than in the church."
--Ferdinand Magellan

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my church."
--Thomas Paine

"Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."
--Thomas Jefferson

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
--George Bernard Shaw

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new west. You know... morons."
--"Jim" from Blazing Saddles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home