Friday, October 8

So watchya want?

Of all of the infamous answering machine messages I compiled in my days of youth and singledom, I am most proud of my application of the Beastie Boys' tune "So watchya want?" (on their "Check Your Head" album). For some reason Steph has never shared this artistic interest, and once we began sharing an abode this endeavor waned.

My last attempt, as I recall, was a recreation of the Dr. Dre/Snoop Dog duet in "Nuthin but a G thang" (on Dre's "The Chronic" album). I, of courese, was Snoop and Steph was Dre. The message commenced by me asking Steph if the caller might be "in the mood for some motherfuckin G shit?" and Steph responded "heeell yeeeah", etc. To be honest, I know not what "g shit" is, but I would surmise that most callers, out of curiosity, would be in the mood for some of it were they asked. Steph thought not and nixed it; it never aired, and from then on it was standard "leave your name after the beep" bs.

You'll be happy to know that this conundrum now appears to be a thing of the past. In our current abode - which, by the way, is our 4th residence in the past nine months..yikes! - we've decided to nix the landline telephone altogether. Hence, the answering machine is no more. We plan to have two mobiles (one for mom, one for dad) and a VOIP phone.

At present, the only functioning means of voice communication is Steph's mobile, which for your records is 847-962-6645. Also, please note our new address (which will remain for at least the next 6 months):

535 Michigan Avenue
Apt. 1W
Evanston, IL 60202

(Mapquest directions: Link). We do have high-speed internet (via Comcast), so we can be reached via email at the usual places.

So what else? Well, as of yesterday, I am officially without employment. ICTA and I agreed that it was best to part ways, seeing that I am not interested in returning to the island sans the boys. For some reasons, the spouses of work permit holders are permitted back on island, but not their other dependents. I am presently searching for new employment, so if you hear of something (in the Chicago area) that looks interesting, please let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Euge said...

Did your real estate agent point out your domicile is equally convenient for cemetery burial and lakeside scattering of ashes?

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home