Thursday, March 17

A Few Tips to Cope With Life's Annoyances

Another "dude! I totally relate!" article. This one in today's NYT. Excerpt:
When Seth Shepsle goes to Starbucks, he orders a 'medium' because 'grande' - as the coffee company calls the size, the one between big and small - annoys him.
Me too, Seth. Read the rest to see the lengths some kooky folks go to dish it back. Link

The grande/medium example reminds me of a similar annoyance told to me by my sister. In Kath's glory days she was an order taker at Arby's. In fact, I think she donned the Arby brown for like 2 or 3 firken years. Anyway, she made an interesting observation that there seemed to be a negative correlation between the perceived macho-ness of the customer and their willingness to request the horseradish sauce by the Arby name. Arby's called it "HORSEY" sauce. Yeah, its a pickle...you got to have that horsey sauce with your beef and chedder, but asking for it by name is so humiliating. Kath told me she would only give the customer said sauce if they requested it by name. "Again, what kind of sauce is that you'd like?" Hence, forcing the BMOC to say loudly those humiliating words, "I'd like some of that ... cough ... HORSEY sauce, please." I guess you had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home