Thursday, March 24

I could have done that!

What a great prank, and the guy makes front page of the NYT, to boot:
Banksy - who prefers to be called not an artist, but a 'quality vandal' - said he decided to invade those four New York museums for a simple reason.

'I've wandered round a lot of art galleries thinking, 'I could have done that,' so it seemed only right that I should try,' he wrote. 'These galleries are just trophy cabinets for a handful of millionaires. The public never has any real say in what art they see.'

He said he had entered all of the museums during normal visitors' hours. Asked how he was able to hang his works without being noticed by museum guards or security cameras, Banksy responded rather opaquely. 'You just have to glue on a fake beard and move with the times,' he said.

He added that he had thought about storming the Guggenheim, but was too intimidated. 'I would have had to appear between two Picassos,' he wrote. 'And I'm not good enough to get away with that.'

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home